As a Database Administrator (DBA), you will be responsible for managing our database systems and ensuring that they are secure, efficient, and up-to-date. You will be working with a team of developers to ensure that our database systems are performing optimally.
|1||Experience||4 – 5 years|
|2||Requirements of the position||• Build database systems of high availability and high scalability.|
• Monitor the system’s health and performance.
• Good knowledge on high availability(Always ON, Replication, clustering etc.)
• Design and implement a database in accordance to end users’ information needs and views.
• Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
• Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary.
• Troubleshoot and resolve production database issues.
• Ensure the performance, security, and availability of databases.
• Manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
• Protecting database from threats and unauthorized access.
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
• Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement.
• Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems.
• Recommending changes and improvements for database protection.
• Creating stored procedures for APIs.
• Designing databases to reflect the need of front-end and back-end users.
• Maintaining an awareness of trends and developments in database administration.
• Monitoring systems performance and identifying problems that may arise.
• Determine, enforce, and document database policies, procedures and standards.
• Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
• Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
• Understanding of MySQL underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM.
• Design, implement, and monitor disaster recovery plans as it pertains to the production database environment.
|3||SkillSets Required||• Strong proficiency in MySQL, NoSQL, AWS RDS database management & Cloud technologies.|
• Good knowledge of Linux environment.
• Min 3-4 years experience in MySQL Database Implementation/Operations.
• Hands-on experience with MySQL database standards and end-user applications.
• Excellent knowledge of data backup, real-time replication, recovery, security, integrity,
monitoring and SQL.
• Familiarity with database design, documentation, and coding.
• Problem-solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.
• Provide DBA services including installations, replication, backups, loads, and
schema alterations for all prod Databases in all MySQL versions.
• Hands-on Experience in MySQL Migrations and upgrades from all versions.
• Contribute to database planning efforts such as DR, tool selection, and scaling initiatives.
• Strong Knowledge and Hands-on ProxySQL setup.